Publications and Talks
- "Semeval-2013 Task 2: Sentiment Analysis in Twitter"
Preslav Nakov, Zornitsa Kozareva, Alan Ritter, Sara Rosenthal, Veselin Stoyanov, and Theresa Wilson
To appear in Proceedings of the 7th International Workshop on Semantic Evaluation. Association for Computational Linguistics. June 2013, Atlanta, Georgia
- "Columbia NLP: Sentiment Detection of Subjective Phrases in Social Media"
Sara Rosenthal and Kathleen McKeown
To Appear in Proceedings of the 7th International Workshop on Semantic Evaluation. Association for Computational Linguistics. June 2013, Atlanta, Georgia
- "Detecting Opinionated Claims in Online Discussions"
Sara Rosenthal and Kathleen McKeown
To appear in the proceedings of the Sixth IEEE International Conference on Semantic Computing (IEEE ICSC2012) Special Session on Semantics and Sociolinguistics in Social Media, September 2012, Palermo, Italy.
- "Detecting Influencers in Written Online Conversations"
Or Biran, Sara Rosenthal, Jacob Andreas, Kathleen McKeown and Owen Rambow
In proceedings of the Language and Social Media Workshop in the 13th Annual North American Meeting of the Association of Computational Linguistics (NAACL-HLT), June 2012, Montreal, Quebec.
- "Annotating Agreement and Disagreement in Threaded Discussion"
Jacob Andreas, Sara Rosenthal, and Kathleen McKeown
In proceedings of the 8th International Conference on Language Resources and Computation (LREC), May 2012, Istanbul, Turkey.
- "Age Prediction in Blogs: A Study of Style, Content, and Online Behavior in Pre- and Post-Social Media Generations"
Sara Rosenthal, Kathleen R. McKeown
In proceedings of ACL-HLT 2011
- "Corpus Creation for New Genres: A Crowdsourced Approach to PP Attachment"
Kapil Thadani, Mukund Jha, Jacob Andreas, Sara Rosenthal and Kathleen McKeown
In Workshop on Creating Speech and Language Data With Amazon's Mechanical Turk in the 11th Annual North American Meeting of the Association of Computational Linguistics (NAACL-HLT), June 2010, Los Angeles, California.
- "Time-Efficient Creation of an Accurate Sentence Fusion Corpus"
Kathleen McKeown, Sara Rosenthal, Kapil Thadani and Coleman Moore
In proceedings of the 11th Annual North American Meeting of the Association of Computational Linguistics (NAACL-HLT), June 2010, Los Angeles, California.
- "Towards Semi-Automated Annotation for Prepositional Phrase Attachment"
Sara Rosenthal, William J. Lipovsky, Kathleen McKeown, Kapil Thadani and Jacob Andreas
In proceedings of the 7th International Conference on Language Resources and Computation (LREC), May 2010, Valletta, Malta.
- "Who, What, When, Where, Why? Comparing Multiple Approaches to the Cross-Lingual 5W Task."
Kristen Parton, Kathleen R. McKeown, Robert Coyne, Mona T. Diab, Ralph Grishman, Dilek Hakkani-Tur, Mary Harper, Heng Ji, Wei Yun Ma, Adam Meyers, Sara Stolbach, Ang Sun, Gokhan Tur, Wei Xu and Sibel Yaman
In proceedings of ACL-IJCNLP 2009.
Other Invited Talks
- Detecting Influencers in Online Conversations
NYC Media Lab Research Summit 2012 http://www.nycmedialab.org/
September 12, 2012
- Sentiment Detection using Subjective Phrases and Influence Detection in Social Media
Harmony Institute http://harmony-institute.org/
July 24, 2012
Course Papers and Presentations
- Search Engine Improvement Proposal (pdf), Natural Language Processing, Fall 2007
- Active Learning Models and Noise (pdf) and Power Point Presentation (pdf); Advanced Computational Learning Theory, Spring 2007
- Information from my Search Engine Presentation in Spring 2007
- Experiments on Boosting With Noise (pdf) with Dana Glasner; Computational Learning Theory, Fall 2006
- NLP for the Web work (Clothing Search Engine Papers)