Define the technical direction on Layer-2.5, MPLS-based Ethernet and policy-driven application-aware services
Produce most of the product and feature requirements, and coordinate between engineering and sales teams
Act as the technology conscience for senior engineering staff
Work with key customers and partners directly
· Invented and designed data aggregation products that use MPLS PWE3 over SONET trunks for CoreDirector switches.
· Designed and developed a number of MPLS scalability and redundancy features. Some of the deployed features were RSVP refresh reduction (JUNOS 5.1), MPLS fast switch-over (JUNOS 5.3), and RSVP-TE fast reroute (JUNOS 5.4).
· Invented and designed lsp-ping (because its draft would include both of my first and last names).
· Worked on the PacketStar project on traffic engineering and COPS
· Researched on scalable reservation signaling mechanisms and UNIX operation systems (kernels).
· Developed RSVP and DiffServ from scratch for IBM router products.
· Designed and developed the entire stack of Frame Relay UNI/NNI, SMDS UNI and ATM PVC/DXI.
· Led the team to ship Frame Relay services in IGN.
Last updated by Ping Pan