I Will Be Speaking at the Privacy and Civil Liberties Oversight Board Workshop
TIME AND DATE: 9:30 A.M.-4:30 P.M. (Eastern Time) on Tuesday, July 9, 2013.
PLACE: This meeting will take place at The Renaissance Mayflower Hotel, Grand Ballroom, 1127 Connecticut Ave. NW, Washington, DC. The meeting is open to the public. Nearest Metro: Farragut North/Red Line. Several Parking Garages in vicinity.
MATTERS TO BE CONSIDERED: The Privacy and Civil Liberties Oversight Board will conduct a public workshop with invited experts, academics and advocacy organizations regarding surveillance programs operated pursuant to Section 215 of the USA PATRIOT Act and Section 702 of Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act.
SUBMISSION OF COMMENTS: Submission of comments is welcome. Please submit to: http://www.regulations.gov/#!documentDetail;D=PCLOB-2013-0005-0001
PRESS: Please contact Sue Reingold, Chief Administrative Officer, 202 331-1986, email@example.com, if you plan to cover the event.
Privacy and Civil Liberties Oversight Board
Workshop Regarding Surveillance Programs Operated Pursuant to Section 215 of the USA PATRIOT Act and Section 702 of Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act
July 9, 2013
Renaissance Mayflower Hotel-Grand Ballroom
1127 Connecticut Ave NW, Washington DC
- Doors Open
- Introductory Remarks (David Medine, PCLOB Chairman)
- Panel I: Legal/Constitutional Perspective
Facilitators: Rachel Brand and Patricia Wald, Board Members
- Steven Bradbury (Formerly DOJ Office of Legal Counsel)
- Jameel Jaffer (ACLU)
- Kate Martin (Center for National Security Studies)
- Hon. James Robertson, Ret. (formerly District Court and Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court)
- Kenneth Wainstein (formerly DOJ National Security Division/ White House Homeland Security Advisor)
- Lunch Break (on your own)
- Panel II: Role of Technology
Facilitators: James Dempsey and David Medine, Board Members
- Steven Bellovin (Columbia University Computer Science Department)
- Marc Rotenberg (Electronic Privacy Information Center)
- Ashkan Soltani (Independent Researcher and Consultant)
- Daniel Weitzner (MIT Computer Science and Artificial Intelligence Laboratory)
- Panel III: Policy Perspective
Facilitators: Elisebeth Collins Cook and David Medine, Board Members
- James Baker (formerly DOJ Office of Intelligence and Policy Review)
- Michael Davidson (Georgetown University)
- Sharon Bradford Franklin (The Constitution Project)
- Elizabeth Goitein (Brennan Center for Justice)
- Greg Nojeim (Center for Democracy and Technology)
- Nathan Sales (George Mason School of Law)
- Open for Public Comment
- Closing Comments (David Medine, PCLOB Chairman)
Affiliations are listed for identification purposes only.