I am with
At Columbia University, Computer Science: I have held various appointments such as: Adjunct Professor, Visiting Senior Research Scientist.
I am a computer scientist, cryptographer and information security researcher.
Previously: I have been an Industry Consultant, working on
information security and cryptography,
including Director, Advanced
Authentication Research at RSA Laboratories.
Previously: I have been VP, Chief Scientist, with CertCo
which is formerly: Bankers Trust E-Commerce (BTEC)).
Previously: I have been with IBM
T.J. Watson Research Center,
Ph.D. -- Columbia University, Computer Science.
Coming Soon... (but may take some time... well....)
- Meanwhile.. Partial Publication list
- by Adam Young and Moti Yung
- Published by
John Wiley & Sons.
The book exposes threats that result from combining strong
cryptography with malware to attack information systems. Attacks are
presented that pit cryptography against cryptography itself by
maliciously utilizing cryptographic algorithms to attack
implementations of cryptosystems (called kleptographic attacks). The
book also details defenses against these types of attacks. This new
and unorthodox use of cryptography exploits modern cryptographic
notions, constructions, and tools as "dark side" mechanisms (i.e., as
methods that increase threats, and perhaps paradoxically, reduce
overall system security).
- Cryptography, Security, Networks and Distributed Systems,
- Theory of Computation: Computational Complexity, Randomization, Algorithms.
- Applications: Secure Systems/ Financial/ E-commerce/ Banking/ Secure Web.
Projects at Columbia University
- Public Key cryptography
- Security of Cryptographic Primitives
- Design of Ciphers, Systems and Protocols
- Distributed Cryptosystems (threshold, proactive..)
- Cryptographic Protocols
- Cryptography and Complexity (foundations)
- Algebraic methods in Cryptography
- Secret-Ballot Elections
- Kleptography -- The art of stealing information secretly and subliminally!
- Digital Rights, Information Hiding
- Privacy Issues
- Cryptographic Applications in Network/Systems Security
- Threats and Countermeasures
Links to Cryptography-Related Topics
Digicrime: a joke! -- (but it has good links)
People working and associated with Cryptology--(but: Home-Pages-Less not included)
Ron Rivest's Crypto and Security Page
Ron Rivest's Crypto Bibliography
IACR: Int. Assoc. for Crypto Research
ACNS 2008, to be held at Columbia.
- More coming Soon...
Links to Other Pages of Interest
(Computer Science: Major Conferences and Journals)
- More... Coming Soon...
List of some (Ex/current) Graduate Students I co-advised and worked with
Also: a member of:
UWM's Center Cryptography, Computer and Network Security,
A center dedicated to the theoretical and applied studies of crypto and related areas.
See newspaper report:
discussion during UWM's day on e-commerce.
Contact Information at Columbia University
- Address (at Columbia):
- Room 465
- S.W. Mudd Building,
- Computer Science Department,
- Columbia University,
- New York, NY 10027, USA.
- use: my first name at the host: cs.columbia.edu
......, more is coming... sometime soon.....
School of Engineering and Applied Science,
Last updated: $Date: 2003/12/24 18:37:44 $
Moti Yung, user id:moti email-host id:cs.columbia.edu