ROBO RACE 2009
April 14, CS Department Lounge. Course opens for practice at 10:30
AM, racing begins at 11:00. Prizes and refreshments provided!
Here is the course for the Robo Race:
Text file containing the description of the obstacles.
Format is as follows
- first integer gives you the number of obstacles
- for each obstacle:
- first integer gives you the number of vertices
- the vertices follow, one per line, each with two coordinates,
- you should close the obstacle by linking the last vertex to the
- the first obstacle in the file actually specifies the wall that
encloses the working environment.
Text file containing the start and goal point for the path
- first line (two coordinates) determines the start point
- second line (two coordinates) determines the goal point
Use your solution to generate path commands to have your Create
robot follow the solution. We will see which group's solution is the best: fastest and collision free.
Extra Credit: Create's are known to have poor odometry. Extend your
path planner to take into account "bumping" into obstacles due to poor
odometry. Your planner should react by trying to figuire out which
obstacle it hit and replanning its path based upon this new info.