CLIC Upgrade Policy
CLIC upgrades are very time-constrained, because classes run both sememsters,
and during the summer (12 weeks?).
- winter break
- summer, immediately after OS class ends
- new non-dot-zero redhat os available
- new vmware version depends on newer redhat os
- rdist master must have been available and stable at least 1 month prior to
- unattended install tested
- lab must be installed COMPLETELY prior to beginning of semester
- the entire lab takes about 1 full day to roll out (or roll back).
- If summer rollout, time is more limited, so do partial rollouts on unused
- by semester start, all machines must be running same OS.
- Use static IP after install--cisco switches have trouble switching ports quick